It’s the last (belated) post of the holiday photoset-off! Every Monday since December 3, Kevin and I have picked our favorite items from some of the most stylish shops around. “Like” the post you like best! (or both!)
Week 4: Alder & Co.
“Alder & Co. features thoughtfully selected items that are suitable for everyday use, and also the grand occasion. We are inspired by the discovery of the artist, whether it be in our own backyard, the USA, or in our favorite cities abroad.” The store is in Portland, OR.
- Cashmere scarf, made in Nepal for your big sister; $160
- Soy Apothecary candles, made in Australia for your dad, who travels for work; $36
- Cotton canvas Tembea bag, made in Japan for your mother’s trips to the farmer’s market; $125
- Delfonics mechanical pencils, made in Japan for your niece who’s starting high school; $10
- Rollbahn notebook to go with the pencils; $15
- Beeswax to make your sewing projects smell lovely; $10
- Leather Me & Arrow wallet, made in Los Angeles for your boyfriend who forgot his cash at home; $65
- Ceramic bird, made in Japan for your little brother’s desk at work; $125
Kevin’s picks here!
It’s a holiday photoset-off! Every Monday from now through December 24 (for you really last-minute shoppers), Kevin and I are picking our favorite items from some of the most stylish shops around. “Like” the post you like best! (or both!)
Week 3: Mjölk
“Mjölk is pure, honest, and essential. Mjölk is a lifestyle store; we look to our everyday life to find inspiration for the products we carry. Our smaller products can be used without thought, or quietly admired. In our eyes just the simple satisfaction of functionality and durability, is all you need for a successful product, but when you can derive beauty from the uttermost simplistic tools, then you have something special.” The shop is in Toronto.
- wrapwrap by Naoto Yoshida for your brother, who always gets his headphones tangled; $25
- cotton Cross blanket by Pia Wallen for your best girlfriend’s new apartment; $245
- Finnish birch bark basket with reindeer leather straps for your mother-in-law’s knitting projects; $125
- Mjolk + Hoi Bo toiletry case for your boyfriend’s business trips; $160
- Concrete shaving kit designed by Lovisa Wattman for your father-in-law, who keeps it old-school; $98
- Tin cup set designed by Oji Masanori for a drink during your train commute; $175
- enamel Kaiko kettle designed by Makoto Koizumi for your mom and her tea habit; $150
- Koti earthenware plate by Nathalie Lahdenmaki for your sister-in-law’s holiday table; $90
Kevin’s picks here!